I suppose I really should review last year’s Resolutions Post before I start on this year’s. Well. Now I should take my own advice.#160; HA! If only it were that easy, eh?
I have three main goals/resolutions for this year. Some are more complex than others.
- Financial: At the end of this year, I would like to have only student loans and my car payment. I’m not yet sure if that’s feasible, but it is something to work towards.
- Physical: Improve my health by losing weight (I have a goal of 45 pounds) and becoming more fit (I want to be able to run a mile). I have a gym membership, I have knowledge. I need implementation.
- Beauty: I resolve to take more pride in my appearance. I usually roll out of bed, shower, and throw on some foundation and maybe lipstick. Last week I actually put on MORE makeup for New Year’s, and I got LOTS of compliments and comments at work. It was strange. Maybe I’m not trying hard enough.
- Be nicer to my cat. Hey, I promised! She’s very (VERY) vocal and demanding sometimes, and usually tries to interfere when I’m at the computer. I do NOT mistreat her, but I ignore her a little more than I ought to (at least, she thinks so).
- I want to do a project for me. I’ve always wanted to kind of do a snapshot-of-the-day project, but I’m also pretty darned sure I can’t keep up with that. So I’ll start smaller—snapshot of the week!
As progressing towards some of those goals, I went and used that gym membership today. I’m glad my keyboard is at the height it is, because it was upper-body day, and most of my muscles in that region protesteth loudly.