2015 In Review
How did I do on my resolutions to rehabilitate myself post-surgery?
- Achieve a BMI of 20: NOPE. Not even close. This year’s low was a BMI of 24. I got it out of the overweight range and lost 20 lbs, though. This is real and measurable progress, so partial win.
- Run a 10-minute mile: Actually, according to my Band, my best split (mile) was 9:30 but I think that might have been a glitch. However, in Oct I clocked a 10:04 mile and a 10:05 mile so it’s possible!
- Run the Santa Claus Shuffle 5k in less than 39:52 (that was my best time in 2012): This year’s time was officially 37:18, so WIN!
I kind of liked having just one resolution last year with a few measurable outcomes. I sort of kept that for this year. This year, I resolved to work on my lifestyle: how I want my life to look and feel. Part of this developed from the unreasonable stress I had at the end of this last semester and the fact that it’s simply untenable, so I need to work on better balance (doesn’t everyone?!). So how do I organize those thoughts and make them measurable and attainable?
- BMI of 22.5 is measurable. I’m enrolled in another DietBet Transformer. I should achieve this by the end of June. If I am happy, great; otherwise, progress to BMI of 20.
- Yoga: I can start with Yoga Camp. This builds on the 30 Days of Yoga I did last year. Later, when $ permits, I can take a class. This is for mental health as well as flexibility.
- Strength: there are plenty of options out there for free. For January, I’m going to do the Fit Girls Guide workouts (just not the meal plan, because I hate meal plans). This year, I want to COMPLETE 10/12 monthly workout plans from whatever system(s) I choose or try!
- Cardio: This year, I’m aiming for a 5k time of 36:00 or less. Jog 3x/week as training.
- Continue the daily 10,000 steps or 5k/day (whichever comes last) for general fitness.
- Do not skip two days in a row!
- Complete the Apartment Therapy January Home Cure (again)
- Continue the weekly/monthly/quarterly schedule. It works!
- Finish the Fall/Winter Closet Cure and do the Spring/Summer Cure. Stick to the one-in, one-out rule (if I buy something, some equivalent item must be donated or trashed).
- Cooking: ENJOY my food this year! Attempt ZERO eating plans (seriously).
- Personal care: create a beauty and lifestyle routine that works for me. This will require some experimentation.
Leave work at work. Maintain as close to a 9-5 as possible given the teaching schedule needs. Grading, planning, etc. all need to be accomplished at work. Do NOT add anything to your pile this year!
Social & Financial:
Redacted. I have goals in these areas, but they’re not for public consumption.