The prep update:
I did not post my December 16 update on my two goals to start this year fresh. Short version: goals not achieved. Therefore, they are the two main items on my resolution list for this year.
- Quit smoking: in progress. I’m on the patch, because I’ve misplaced my Chantix prescriptions. It will be harder this way, but maybe not impossible. The really good news: with prior review, my insurance covers Chantix 100%, so if I request new ones from my doctor… yay! That’s on my project list for tomorrow. I will update when I am 24 hours cigarette free (ahem, not quite yet), and at 1 week, 1 month, and off nicotine completely.
- Achieve, then maintain “normal” BMI: also in progress. I actually dropped *some* over the holidays, which is impressive! I have 10.8 lbs to go though (still), partly due to fluctuations–I’ve been bloated–and partly from holiday celebratory foods that got me at the end. Also, 3+ days of complete inactivity (sick).
The Forthcoming Year:
2017 is going to be a year of fairly substantial change for me. I know that I will be moving this year (May). That’s a big part of it. I have other resolutions for this year as well:
- Time improvement: I want, and need, to spend less time working at home and especially so at the end of the term. I therefore need to work more efficiently in my office at work.
- Money improvement: with a move upcoming, I need to work on getting and keeping my financial house in better order. Part of this is related to the move, and I’ll explain more as I progress.
- Health improvement: 2016 was a year of bad. Aside from a couple of rounds of prednisone, facial paralysis, and the other incidental illnesses, I felt sick a LOT. In addition to that, I found out something else (pretty personal) that happened that I haven’t quite been ready to blog about yet… but I plan to. I want to NOT have as many problems this next year. Unfortunately, I spent the first few days of the New Year feeling under the weather already! I know that there’s not much I can do to avoid some viruses, and I did get my flu shot, but I want to work on having better overall health. #1 and #2 should help me achieve that goal. You’ll notice that this year I’m not setting a jogging or running goal–that’s partly related to that personal issue I mentioned. Until I know more, it may not be in my best interest.
- Blogging improvement: I want to get this blog on track. Weekly posts! No guarantees about topics, but stay tuned for more information. Also, I’ll be launching a second, move-specific blog in the not-too-distant future!